Skip to main content Skip to section navigation

Someone I know has a missing child

If you know someone whose child is missing, encourage the missing child’s parent/guardian to report the child missing to police. Once a report has been made to police, it may be helpful for the parent/guardian to contact caseworkers are available to provide support and assistance in the search for the missing child.

If you or someone you know would like to speak with a specially trained caseworker, call our helpline. Helpline

1-866-KID-TIPS (543-8477)
Contact us

What to do next

Based on the circumstances of the child’s disappearance, please select the appropriate section below for immediate steps to take when a child is missing.


Community Response Plan

A resource guide designed to help guide communities on how best to assist in searching for a missing child.